Tuesday 12 March 2013

The Great Gatsby

I admit it does seem as though I'm trying to cover ever decade with a post, but that's only because it's all coming back into fashion constantly! So, on to the 20's...
The Great Gatsby is an amazing book and I recommend it to anyone and everyone. I'm studying it at A level at the moment and despite my teacher's efforts to drain all the magic from the book, I still love it and I am even more excited for the new Gatsby film which is being released this Summer starring Carey Mulligan and the beautiful Leonardo DiCaprio .It is a tale of love, lust, tragedy, a journey and most importantly- secrets and I bring this up now as it has very recently been announced that The Great Gatsby shall be opening the Cannes Film Festival this year!





I was confirmed late last year that Prada would be designing 40 of the outfits for the film and 4 of these designs can be seen above. It's all sequins, stones and Swarovski! LOVE They truly stick to the 20's trends and the flapper style in which The Great Gatsby is and should be set in. 

Totally recommend the read,
Thanks, Emily X

No comments:

Post a Comment